Fuel the Future Workforce
The YouthForce Career Internship Program (CIP) connects innovative Seattle area companies with talented youth who can help move their businesses forward. CIP offers teens paid internship opportunities supported by individualized training and coaching from YouthForce staff. Career Internships develop teens’ career confidence, professional networks, and clear educational and personal goals. The program curriculum is specifically designed to build the skills and competencies needed for post high school and career success.
Our model helps employers reach a diverse group of young people, and increases the community ties of businesses. Internship experiences include business, real estate, law, marketing, construction and other career fields. Our interns work at many of Seattle's leading businesses including Amazon, Expeditors, Microsoft, Stoel Rives, PopCap Games, and ZymoGenetics.
What we offer employers and teens:
- Job description assistance, recruiting, screening and interview preparation.
- Staffing and payroll services.
- On-the-job curriculum to promote learning and mentoring success.
- Manager and mentor coaching to support your intern and staff.
Benefits to Employers:
- YouthForce internships are a great investment - for you, your staff, your business and your community.
- Hiring and working with YouthForce teens will:
- Inspire your office by adding meaning and value to your workplace
- Transform your clerical work into educational internships
- Improve staff morale as teens bring enthusiasm to the work environment
- Increase productivity by allowing teens to do routine tasks so staff can focus on priorities
- Impact your community and bring your diversity goals to life every day
- Change the life of a teen.
Benefits to teens:
- Gainful employment in a professional business setting with positions that do not interfere with school, homework or family obligations.
- Satisfying positions that are compatible with skills and interests, academic experience, past work history, and transportation needs.
- Job readiness training, guided mentoring, and individualized college and career counseling to gain critical skills necessary for school and career success.
- Enrollment in YouthForce University aimed at helping teens plan for their futures while also developing communication, networking, and leadership skills.
- Meet our Career Internship Partners.