Summer Internship-Doorways Project
About The Doorways Internship
The Doorways Project is an internship program that was created through the partnership of Educurious and the Mayor’s Youth Employment Initiative. It provides youth ages 16-24 with paid internship opportunities with various businesses in Seattle. With the help of YouthForce, YouthCare, JUMA and SYEP, youth will be matched with an internship site based on their interest. YouthForce will provide one on one meetings, check ins, and trainings for all of our interns to ensure a positive and successful internship experience.
We are looking for interns who can demonstrate leadership, responsibility and have a desire to gain critical skills needed in the work force. Interns should be able to maintain their schedule, communicate effectively and perform their job duties to the best of their capability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Doorways Project through YouthForce is designed to provide 16 to 19 year olds the opportunity to gain experience in the work force while building connections and developing professional skills. Each internship site will provide a job description that will detail the responsibilities and duties expected of their interns. Site specific job descriptions will be available to those who are accepted into the internship program. Responsibilities will vary based on each company. General responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with creating marketing materials such as print ads, promotional pieces, schedules, calendars, flyers, and brochures
- Conducting community outreach for program/organization
- Supervising children to ensure their health and safety
- Assisting with various aspects of social events
- Assisting in marketing program/events through social media platform
- Collecting feedback and creating an end of summer report on an aspect of the organization/program
Schedule: July 5th-August 18th, 3-5 days a week, up to 40 hours a week
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Location: Locations vary. Able to choose location upon hiring